Policies and Procedures
Procedure 1216.1 – Filing Complaints about Vendors
March 1, 1998
May 6, 2010
Director of Purchasing Services
If numerous attempts have been made to resolve an issue with a vendor's product or service and those efforts have been documented but remain unsuccessful, file a Complaint to Vendor Form from the state’s Division of Purchase and Contract.
Forms and Instructions
1. Complete the form below, and include or attach the following:
- Any documentation to support the contention that the vendor is not complying with the terms, conditions, or specifications for the particular product or service.
- Names, dates, and results (or lack of results) of efforts to obtain resolution of the problem(s).
2. Send the form to Purchasing Services.
3. Purchasing will forward the complaint to the vendor, send a copy to the State Division of Purchase and Contract, and keep a copy for the Purchasing file.
4. If the vendor does not respond appropriately, the State Division of Purchase and Contract will attempt to resolve the problem through procedures available under North Carolina state law. In most cases, the State can intervene to negotiate a settlement. When the circumstances warrant, a particular vendor may be barred from future business with the State. In the case of a vendor who has a state term contract, the State may revoke or otherwise amend that contract accordingly.
North Carolina Department of Administration Division of Purchase and Contract
May 6, 2010