Policies and Procedures
Procedure 708.2 – Paying an Independent Contractor
September 9, 2008
September 8, 2017
October 6, 2014
Director of Systems and Operations
Systems and Operations
Payments to Independent Contractors are created online in the same manner one creates a campus voucher to a vendor.
Forms and Instructions
- Form 708.1.1f - Employee-Independent Contractor Determination Checklist
1. Acquire pre-approval from Disbursement Services per Procedure 708.1 – Independent Contractor Predetermination Process.
2. Make sure promised service is received from the independent contractor (IC).
3. Create an independent contractor payment through ConnectCarolina.
4. Use the same form that has already been filled and approved during determining independent contractor status as the backup.
5. If an invoice is provided by the IC, include that with the documentation.
6. Documents will be processed on a first in, first out basis.
Detailed instructions and a training video can be found on the Finance and Accounting Training webpage.
September 8, 2017: Removal of reference to providing social security number.
October 1, 2014: Updated payment process in Procedure Statement; Removed two steps in Forms and Instructions section.
May 20, 2013
February 4, 2011